Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced support for the High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) and Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) sink tests through its M8190A arbitrary waveform generator and enhanced N5990A test-automation software.
The Agilent solution gives engineers a new way to conduct sink testing and provides a cost-effective and compact alternative to Agilent’s well-established E4887A HDMI TMDS signal generator platform. The new test solution reduces development costs while providing accurate test results with greater flexibility than other HDMI and MHL test solutions. Agilent’s HDMI and MHL test solution is the only single-box generator solution available today.
Full test-automation software is available, which speeds up testing. It allows engineers to test the performance of HDMI and MHL-enabled devices efficiently and with fast test throughput, increasing productivity.
“Agilent has been involved with the HDMI and MHL specifications since the standards were first established,” said Juergen Beck, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Digital Photonic Test Division. “Together with our solutions partner, BitifEye, we address our customers’ needs and provide strong support for HDMI and MHL sink testing. Our new, enhanced product portfolio gives our customers access to a full suite of MHL and HDMI testing solutions they will not find elsewhere.”The two AWG modules required for HDMI sink testing fit in a single mainframe. Other benefits of the Agilent HDMI and MHL 2.0 AWG sink testing solution include:
- Cost-effective configurations.
- Compact setups that eliminate the need for external clock and jitter sources and cable emulators.
- Unique test-automation capabilities with industry’s broad test coverage, using N5990A software to control the HDMI and MHL signal generators and oscilloscope.
- Infiniium 90000A Series oscilloscope and N5399B compliance test software for calibrating sink test configurations.
- M8190A-based HDMI and MHL signal generators.
- N5990A test-automation software from Agilent’s solution partner BitifEye.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV