SNV USA Launches Youth Speak Up On Poverty Contest
Global Leaders Encourage Youth to Think Big on Poverty
WASHINGTON, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Barack Obama began his second term as President of the United States by participating in a National Day of Service to honor the civil rights legacy of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. His call to action has inspired the North America affiliate office of SNV, a nonprofit international development agency that operates in 38 countries, to launch Youth Speak Up on Poverty , a contest targeting 11 to 18 year-olds and asking them to share their ideas on how to create a more prosperous and peaceful world.
"In the spirit of Dr. King, the real question that we must pose to ourselves each and every day is, 'What are we doing for others?' says Neil Ghosh, Executive Director of SNV USA. "My childhood years in India taught me that the concepts of giving and interfaith dialogue are essential pre-conditions for promoting development. This contest is a call to action directed to middle and high school students to think big about solutions to address global poverty."
Dr. Martin Luther King never lost sight of his dream: a world where all men and women are created equal and where freedom and justice prevail. President Obama's invitation to volunteer in community-based activities is a way to inspire greatness among people.By inviting youth to participate in this contest, SNV USA and its partners hope to cultivate a generation of compassionate leaders who are committed to improving the lives of millions of people globally. "I believe that engaging youth at an early age on issues of global development and interfaith dialogue will empower and energize them to address local, national and global challenges throughout their lives with a firm belief in their own unique perspectives and capacity to contribute," explains Ghosh.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV