Transparency And Innovation Secure Top Spot For McDonald's Canada
Foodservice industry leader named 2012 Marketer of the Year
TORONTO, Jan. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - McDonald's Canada was recognized as the 2012 Marketer of the Year by Marketing magazine at a gala event last night. The company's marketing campaigns were rewarded for venturing into entirely new territory and setting a precedent for transparency.
"Over the past year, we've taken our marketing efforts in bold new directions," said Joel Yashinsky, Chief Marketing Officer, McDonald's Canada. "We've broken into new markets, engaged in meaningful open-dialogue with our customers and found new ways to tell our story. It's an honour to have these efforts recognized."
The prestigious award celebrates the best of the best in the industry. Each year, winners are chosen for their clear vision about how to connect with and serve their customers, a willingness to embrace innovation and risk, and an ambitious determination to change the advertising and media landscape.The judges agreed that McDonald's had met these criteria with a variety of impressive campaigns throughout the year, including:
- Our Food. Your Questions.
- The breakthrough transparency of this first-of-its-kind interactive digital platform, which invites customers to ask any question about McDonald's food and receive a personalized response, was an important aspect of the McDonald's win.
- The ambitious national launch of the McCafé brand, which introduced premium espresso-based beverages to the majority of McDonald's restaurants, was seen as a courageous and successful step into new markets amidst heavy competition.
- Other McDonald's campaigns that caught the judges' attention included:
- The AtoMc Hockey program that supports active lifestyles among Canadian youth;
- "McTraffic" reports featuring McDonald's drive-thru locations as potential detours to avoid traffic;
- "McLobster Love" sight-seeing bus tours of Maritime cities;
- Innovative billboards advertising 24-hour restaurants, that are only visible at night.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV