While providing strategic sustainability direction, Philips has identified three key performance indicators. By 2015 Philips aims to:
- Bring care to more than 500 million people Target: 500 million lives touched by 2015 (driven by Philips Healthcare)
- Improve energy efficiency of Philips products Target: 50% improvement by 2015 (for the average total product portfolio) compared to 2009
- Close the material loop Target: Double global collection, recycling amounts and recycled materials in products by 2015 compared to 2009.
917-741-5147About Royal Philips Electronics Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2011 sales of EUR 22.6 billion and employs approximately 121,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming, home and portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter . About Corporate Knights Founded in 2002, Corporate Knights is an independent Toronto-based media and investment research company. http://www.corporateknights.com/ About the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (Global 100) The Global 100 is an annual project initiated by Corporate Knights, the company for clean capitalism. Launched in 2005, the Global 100 is announced each year at the World Economic Forum in Davos. 1- As recognized in Rate the Raters, Phase 5. Source: http://www.sustainability.com/library/rate-the-raters-phase-five-polling-the-experts-2012 This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com http://www.cisionwire.com/forum-smedia/r/philips-ranked-7thworldwide-on-corporate-knights-2013--global-100-most-sustainable-corporations-in-t,c9360954
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts