ANDOVER, Mass., Jan. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Corporate Knights, the Toronto-based media and investment research company, announced its Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Philips was ranked 7th overall and with its U.S. headquarters in Andover, is the top-rated Massachusetts company on the world's most credible corporate sustainability ranking1.
Philips' continued investments in innovation, efficiency and transparency within the supply chain and focus on positive customer experiences consistently place sustainability at the core of the company's business practices. Under the program name EcoVision, Philips focuses on three sustainability targets for 2015 in the areas of care, energy efficiency and recycling. This approach, combined with performance in energy, carbon and water productivity, increased Philips' ranking by six positions, up from 13th in 2012.
"Securing this ranking illustrates our ongoing achievements and leadership in sustainability," said Greg Sebasky, chairman, Philips North America. "We aim to to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and apply environmental and community considerations throughout our operations to achieve this objective."Philips has brought its EcoVision program to life in Massachusetts by:
- Using renewable wind energy to produce 70 percent of the electricity needed for its Lightolier facility in Fall River
- Recycling more than 340 tons of waste, such as light bulbs, paper and construction debris
- Composting more than 22,000 pounds of food materials, the equivalent of 54 55-gallon barrels
- Supporting local communities through volunteer and service programs, such as the employee garden and food drive collection that donated more than 2,700 pounds of food to the Merrimack Valley Food Bank's Mobile Food Pantry
- Maximizing efficient use of facility space, for instance with our Work Place Innovation program (which enables flex-working) on our Andover campus
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV