Using a personal device, customers can remotely control their home security system, lights, thermostat, and more
HALIFAX, Jan. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - Bell Aliant Inc. (TSX: BA) is bringing the 'smart home' to life with its new NextGen Home Security™ service that lets customers monitor, protect and control their home using a smartphone, tablet or PC at a competitive price.
From the company that brought you FibreOP™, NextGen Home Security is a digital Internet-based service that delivers everything a customer expects in home security with next generation automation capabilities. NextGen Home Security will be affordable and Bell Aliant customers can bundle services all on one bill for added convenience and savings.
"This is an incredibly cool product that is the next step in making the digital home a reality," said Karen Sheriff, president and CEO of Bell Aliant. "Imagine a security system that sends you a text when someone enters your home and then allows you to view a video of the person walking through the door. With this product, we are igniting the power of our entire broadband network, including FibreOP - and helping 'turn on' not just your TV and Internet, but lots of other things around your home."Built on Atlantic Canada's most advanced broadband network, NextGen Home Security will leverage a team of trusted and reliable technicians. Bell Aliant NextGen Certified Installers are specially trained to set-up and customize the system for every customer. NextGen Home Security will be available in the spring to both FibreOP and high-speed customers in major city centres in Atlantic Canada. "Bell Aliant understands consumers' digital lifestyle and this is a security solution that offers peace of mind and the convenience of being able to monitor and manage your home at any time using a mobile device, tablet or PC," said Dan McKeen, senior vice-president, customer solutions. "Home security and monitoring is a natural growth opportunity for Bell Aliant. It is another example of our commitment to innovating and offering products and services that will meet the needs of our customers both today and in the future." NextGen Home Security will provide the following services:
- NextGen Security: Experience the security of ULC certified 24/7 professional monitoring of life-safety events including fire, burglary, and environmental incidents like floods and carbon monoxide threats. Trained professionals will alert authorities and customers in the event of an emergency. If an intruder breaks into your home while you are on vacation, an ear piercing siren will sound, lights will turn on, alerts will be sent to your smartphone, and our Central Monitoring Station will alert the authorities, who will dispatch police.
- NextGen Automation: Customers have the ability to remotely control and monitor door locks, thermostats, lighting and appliances. For example, when the system is armed to Away, the thermostat will automatically adjust lower and lights in the home will turn off.
- NextGen Video Monitoring: By using secure video cameras, customers can monitor a loved one or pet, or receive texts and video clips when someone comes to the front door from their smartphone, tablet or PC with the free NextGen Home Security app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV