Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts today announced a significant growth pipeline with nine new hotels expected to open within the next 12 months. Since its 2005 acquisition by Starwood Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: HOT), both Starwood and its hotel ownership groups have transformed Le Méridien into a contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand. Le Méridien, which at the time of its purchase offered a strong international complement to Starwood’s then primarily North American holdings, continues to provide opportunities for new deal signings and conversions in both emerging and established markets, respectively.
“Starwood is seeing increased interest in Le Méridien among owners, especially around conversions,” said Simon Turner, President of Global Development, Starwood Hotels & Resorts. “Le Méridien is benefiting from growing brand recognition and deal signing momentum around the world, and the brand’s long-established global presence remains a competitive advantage.”
Over the past seven years, Le Méridien has undergone a full transformation, including a comprehensive portfolio review as well as a re-development of its brand strategy, marketing approach and service culture training. With the strongest portfolio and performance levels in the brand’s history, Le Méridien has had more new hotel deals signed in the past year than in the previous four years combined.
“Le Méridien has soared under Starwood, with a new design perspective and truly unique positioning that helps guests unlock their destination through culture and cuisine,” said Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader, Le Méridien and Westin Hotels. “After significant investment and consolidation, Le Méridien boasts its best portfolio ever, and this will be a milestone year for us as we welcome an unprecedented number of new hotels into our ever-growing family.”Le Méridien will open nine new hotels in the next 12 months, including:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV