Health Group Asks Women To "Go Red" Every Monday
-- Shake the biggest killer of U.S. women with 10 heart-healthy tips --
NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On the first Friday of each February, The American Heart Association (AHA) urges Americans to wear red to raise awareness about women's heart health. Each year, women from all walks of life heed the call, donning red outfits and accessories, or sporting the AHA's Go Red for Women pin.
Yet after Go Red Day, many women once again forget to take action for heart health. This dangerous lack of awareness is why the Healthy Monday initiative is urging Americans to go beyond Go Red Day and sport something red every Monday."If more women wear red every Monday and share the reason with other women they meet, they can ignite a viral movement," says Healthy Monday founder, Sid Lerner. "If every Monday each woman tells two friends, and they tell two friends, pretty soon women all over the country will have this lifesaving information. And, with Facebook, Twitter, texting, women have powerful tools to share this message with those they love." Why Monday? Evidence suggests that the start of the week may be the most effective day to reach people with health messages. A nationwide survey conducted by FGI Research found that most of us see Monday as the day for a fresh start: it's when we're most likely to quit smoking, start a diet or begin an exercise regimen. What's more, recent investigations found that Google searches for health information consistently jump at the beginning of the week. According to the AHA, nearly half of American women do not know that heart disease is their No. 1 killer, and less than half know the best blood pressure and cholesterol levels for cardiovascular health. Making red visible on Mondays could help sound the alarm and keep heart health ever present in the lives of American women.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV