Meijer MPerks Digital Coupon Program Reaches 1 Million Subscribers
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meijer announced today that its free digital coupon program, mPerks, hit 1 million subscribers after a record-setting December that generated 101,000 new subscribers, 13.7 million clipped offers, and more than $5 million in savings issued to customers.
"Meijer is always looking for ways to save our customers money, and the mPerks program is doing just that in an extremely convenient way," said Michael Ross, vice president of customer marketing and loyalty. "It's great to see so many of our customers take advantage of this money-saving program."
After hearing co-workers talk about mPerks and how much they were saving, Susan Rusco decided it was time to put it to the test. The West Michigan mother of three signed up earlier this month, and became the 1 millionth subscriber.
"Nowadays you have to save wherever you can," said Rusco, an escrow processor in Grand Rapids who has one daughter in college and another getting married. "When I clip coupons, I always forget them at home or in the car. With mPerks you don't have to bring them, you don't have to clip. It's perfect and really easy."The Grand Rapids, Mich.-based retailer launched mPerks in the fall of 2010 as a way to help customers save money at the register by offering a faster – and more convenient – way to clip coupons. The free online program keeps savvy, deal-seeking shoppers from having to cut, print or even present a coupon upon checkout. The program is considered a success with a redemption rate up to four times higher than the national average. In December alone, Meijer customers redeemed nearly 2 million offers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV