Forward-Looking Statements In this press release, statements that are not reported financial results or other historical information are "forward-looking statements". Forward-looking statements give current expectations or forecasts of future events and are not guarantees of future performance. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, the company's future operating performance, the company's share of new and existing markets, the company's short- and long-term revenue and earnings growth rates, and the company's implementation of cost-reduction initiatives and measures to improve pricing, including the optimization of the company's manufacturing capacity.
The use of the words "will," "believes," "anticipates," "expects," "intends" and similar expressions is intended to identify forward-looking statements that have been made and may in the future be made by or on behalf of the company. Although the company believes that these forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions regarding, among other things, the economy, its knowledge of its business, and on key performance indicators that impact the company, these forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements. The company is not obligated to update forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Some of the risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- competitive factors, including pricing pressures and rapid technological developments;
- changes in the company's relationships with customers, suppliers, distributors and/or partners in its business ventures;
- changes in political, economic or other factors such as currency exchange rates, inflation rates, recessionary or expansive trends, taxes and regulations and laws affecting the worldwide business in each of the company's operations, including Brazil, where a significant portion of the company's revenue is derived;
- global economic conditions, including any additional deterioration and disruption in the financial markets, including the bankruptcies, restructurings or consolidations of financial institutions, which could reduce our customer base and/or adversely affect our customers' ability to make capital expenditures, as well as adversely impact the availability and cost of credit;
- acceptance of the company's product and technology introductions in the marketplace;
- the company's ability to maintain effective internal controls;
- changes in the company's intention to repatriate cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments residing in international tax jurisdictions could negatively impact foreign and domestic taxes;
- unanticipated litigation, claims or assessments, as well as the impact of any current/pending lawsuits;
- variations in consumer demand for financial self-service technologies, products and services;
- potential security violations to the company's information technology systems;
- the investment performance of our pension plan assets, which could require us to increase our pension contributions, and significant changes in health care costs, including those that may result from government action;
- the amount and timing of repurchases of the company's common shares, if any;
- the outcome of the company's global FCPA review and any actions taken by government agencies in connection with the company's self-disclosure, including the pending DOJ and SEC investigations; and
- the company's ability to achieve benefits from its cost-reduction initiatives and other strategic changes, including its restructuring actions.
About DieboldDiebold, Incorporated is a global leader in providing integrated self-service delivery and security systems and services. Diebold employs approximately 17,000 associates with representation in nearly 90 countries worldwide and is headquartered in the
Canton, Ohio region,
USA. Diebold is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'DBD.' For more information, visit the company's website at
www.diebold.com or follow the company on Twitter:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV