In discussing Mayes' promotion to the COO role, Wallace said, "George's near-term focus will be to look at all aspects of the organization and identify areas that will help us accelerate the speed with which we reduce our cost structure and capitalize on changes in the marketplace. His track record of delivering sound, fiscally responsible results in his career makes him ideally suited to lead our operations during this time of transition. This is a challenging opportunity, yet I am confident in our ability to begin the process of putting this great company back on a more positive trajectory. We will have much more to report on our progress and immediate plans for 2013 during our fourth quarter and year-end conference call with investors in February."
Mayes, 54, joined Diebold in 2005 as vice president, global manufacturing, and was appointed executive vice president of global operations in April 2008. He began his career at General Motors, where he spent 15 years in manufacturing, quality and engineering. During this period, he served as director of manufacturing, Mexico, Delphi operations; and director, operations, for Delphi Thermal division in Buffalo, N.Y.
Prior to joining the company, Mayes served as chief operating officer and a member of the board of directors at Tinnerman Palnut Engineered Products, LLC. He has extensive experience in lean manufacturing and Six Sigma processes and has managed plants in Canada, Mexico, France, Hungary, Brazil, China, Poland, Italy and the United States. Mayes is a native of Orange, N.J., and resides in North Canton, Ohio, with his wife. He holds a bachelor's degree in engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Please refer to the Diebold press release "Diebold Announces Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Year-end Results," also issued today, for related information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV