NAMM (Hall A, Booth #6400), Avid ® ( NASDAQ: AVID) the makers of the industry-leading audio production and recording system Pro Tools ®, alongside the legendary Abbey Road Studios, today announced the launch of a song competition to celebrate 25 years of bringing award-winning products to the music industry.
The Abbey Road Studios and Avid Song Contest gives aspiring artists, musicians and producers across the globe the chance for their work to be judged by an illustrious panel of music industry figures, as well as fans online, during the voting period from March 14 – March 21, 2013. The three winning artists, chosen by judges, will receive the ultimate package which includes a track of their choice being mixed and mastered online by Abbey Road Studios as well as an Avid Pro Tools|HD Native system.
“The hardest thing for an aspiring musician is to get their songs heard by the right people,” said Greg Wells, competition judge and multiple Grammy-nominated producer, mixer and songwriter. “This competition is the perfect way for artists to get their music out there and I’m really looking forward to listening to an eclectic mix of songs.”
About the CompetitionArtists can upload their original song to “ Submit a Track” from today until March 13, 2013, with the winners of the Judges choice, Fans choice and Judges choice runner-up being announced on April 10, 2013. Voting for the Fans choice award runs from March 14 – March 21, 2013. Judges choice award
- The judging panel will be made up of industry professionals including multiple Grammy-winning producer, mixer and songwriter Greg Wells (Adele, Katy Perry); musician, producer and A&R representative John Feldmann (Goldfinger, Good Charlotte); and Grammy-winning producer Tricky Stewart (Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Rihanna). They will choose their three favorite songs, with the winning entrants getting an original song mixed and mastered by Abbey Road’s Online Mixing & Mastering Services as well as a full Pro Tools|HD Native recording system from Avid.
- Fans around the world can also vote for their favorite song, with the winning entrant receiving an Avid Mbox® audio interface with Pro Tools 10 software.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts