NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- iStar Financial Inc. (NYSE: SFI) announced today that the owners of LNR Property LLC ("LNR"), including iStar, have signed a definitive agreement to sell LNR for a total purchase price of $1.05 billion. iStar's 24% ownership interest in LNR is expected to generate $220 million in net proceeds at closing after closing costs and LNR management incentives.
"As we continue to streamline our balance sheet and focus on our core businesses, this transaction provides us with fresh capital that we can deploy into new investments and frees up resources that can be directed towards our existing business lines," said Jay Sugarman, iStar's chairman and chief executive officer. Mr. Sugarman has served as chairman of the board of directors of LNR since its recapitalization in July 2010.
The transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2013, subject to customary closing conditions. Lazard is serving as financial advisor to iStar and the other sellers in connection with this transaction.
* * *iStar Financial Inc. (NYSE: SFI) is a fully-integrated finance and investment company focused on the commercial real estate industry. The Company provides custom-tailored investment capital to high-end private and corporate owners of real estate and invests directly across a range of real estate sectors. The Company, which is taxed as a real estate investment trust ("REIT"), has invested more than $35 billion over the past two decades. Additional information on iStar Financial is available on the Company's website at www.istarfinancial.com. SOURCE iStar Financial Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV