The old adage goes that "it's a market of stocks, not a stock market," so it stands to reason that we're rounding out our list with a bearish setup. The stock in question is Eli Lilly (LLY), the $60 billion big pharma firm. While Lilly has managed an impressive 31% rally in the last six months, the setup in shares suggests that it's coming to an end.
Lilly is making a double top pattern right now, a setup that's formed by two swing highs that come in at approximately the same price level. The tops are separated by a swing low that's the breakdown level for the pattern. A move below that low triggers the sell signal in shares. For LLY, that sell signal comes on a move below $46.
When and if that move happens, it makes sense to either sell or short shares -- that said, this bearish chart is broken on a move above top 1. Shareholders had better hope that the latter ends up happening to this stock.To see this week's trades in action, check out this week's Must-See Charts portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV