Homebuilders have been on fire for the last year, and Lennar (LEN) is a perfect case in point: shares of the $8 billion company have doubled in the last 12 months. So the question now is whether there's still room for a profit in LEN -- and sources point to "yes."
Lennar spent most of the final quarter of 2012 forming a bullish ascending triangle pattern, a price setup that's formed by a horizontal resistance level above shares and uptrending support below them. As shares bounce in between those two price levels, they're getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above resistance; when it happens, we've got a buy signal. For Lennar, that happened as soon as the calendar flipped over to 2013.Since then, shares have consolidated sideways, throwing back to test newfound support just below $40. Yesterday's push above Lennar's throwback high is basically a secondary buy signal for shares. Yes, you miss out on a couple of points by entering here, but the probability of more upside is magnified by the buying pressure that just got verified at $40. I'd recommend keeping a protective stop at the 50-day moving average if you decide to jump in here. Lenna was also featured recently in "5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV