- Research from TD Direct Investing finds that more Canadians are managing their portfolios online -
TORONTO, Jan. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - One in five Canadians now manage their investments the same way they make common lifestyle purchases: they go online. The TD Direct Investing Poll found the majority of Canadians now book travel (60%), research car purchases (59%) and buy event tickets (58%) online. Many also enjoy the ease and convenience of the internet to manage their financial future, with 41% researching investment options online and 22% managing their investments online. In addition, 13% said they invest online more frequently than they did five years ago.
"Self-directed investing is a great way to plan and manage your retirement nest-egg - and it's never too early to start planning for your golden years," says Rowena Chan, Vice President, TD Direct Investing. "There is a wide variety of innovative tools and resources available to support investors in their long-term strategies and help them make informed decisions. That's one of the reasons we recently changed our name to TD Direct Investing from TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage - to reflect that our services enable investors to personally navigate the markets, and help them become confident and successful investors."
Going online to maximize your time When you're busy, you look for ways to make the best use of the limited hours in the day, and cut down unnecessary activities. The poll found that Canadians who perform tasks online rather than the traditional way, say the greatest benefits are: saving time (82%), doing things on their own timeline (75%) and having access to lots of information (55%)."Even with everything Canadians have on the go, it's essential to prioritize planning and saving for retirement. The earlier you start, and make it a part of your lifestyle, the easier it will be to accumulate your retirement savings. There are many benefits to managing your own investments - including the ability to view and make changes to your portfolio where and when it's convenient for you - you have power and control over investing for your financial future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV