AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BorgWarner's Engine Group produces systems and components for five engines named in Ward's 10 Best Engines 2013, including the:
- 3.0-liter N55 Turbocharged DOHC I-6 (tested in the BMW 135is coupe)
- 3.6-liter Pentastar DOHC V-6 (Ram 1500)
- 2.0-liter EcoBoost DOHC I-4 (Ford Focus ST/Taurus)
- 5.8-liter Supercharged DOHC V-8 (Ford Shelby GT500)
- 2.0-liter FA DOHC H-4 Boxer (Subaru BRZ)
These notable engines employ one or more of BorgWarner's leading technologies including engine timing systems, variable cam timing (VCT) systems and turbochargers.
"All of this year's winning engines are powered by gasoline, demonstrating that new innovations can improve efficiency even in traditional powertrains. BorgWarner's advanced technologies help provide today's drivers with fuel-efficient, environmentally friendly and affordable vehicles that are fun to drive," said James R. Verrier, President and Chief Executive Officer, BorgWarner. "We are proud to sponsor this year's competition and contribute to the success of these distinguished engines. Congratulations to our winning customers: BMW, Chrysler Group, Ford and Subaru."
Presented by WardsAuto World magazine on January 16 during the North American International Auto Show, Ward's 10 Best Engines program has built a reputation as the auto industry's annual barometer of powertrain expertise over the past 19 years. Nominations for the award are limited to engines that are available in regular-production, U.S. models on sale no later than the first quarter of 2013 with a base price below $55,000. The engines were tested in the vehicles listed in parenthesis above.About BorgWarner Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE: BWA) is a technology leader in highly engineered components and systems for powertrain applications worldwide. Operating manufacturing and technical facilities in 57 locations in 19 countries, the company develops products to improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance performance. Customers include VW/Audi, Ford, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, General Motors, Hyundai/Kia, Daimler, Chrysler, Fiat, BMW, Honda, John Deere, PSA, and MAN. For more information, please visit borgwarner.com. SOURCE BorgWarner Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV