NEW YORK, January 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
After posting better-than-expected earnings and sales for Q4 and the total of 2012, eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) [ Full Research Report] [ 1 ] has been projecting the right signal for analysts and investors who are bullish about the company. Mobility seems to be the growth driver of eBay as more consumers make online purchases through their mobile devices. Since eBay President and CEO John Donahoe took office in 2008, the company's growth gains reached 14 straight quarters and the stock rallied by 17 percent.
The mobile approach of eBay towards consumers is perfect. In a report by Business Insider Intelligence, 31 percent of mobile owners use their gadgets for primary internet connection. Aside from coming in handy, mobile gadgets allows consumers to multi-task. Whether you're on a train to work or spending a brief pause during a sports match, making a personal investment is just a click away.
eBay wires its customers to efficiently purchase amazing deals through their website or mobile app. It is reported that over 120 million mobile users have downloaded eBay's mobile app. The mobile app download equates to eBay's potential number of customers and potential number of sales. While more smartphones and tablets penetrate the market, the growth of eBay as a mobile commerce pioneer seems to be headed toward the same direction.The future of mobile technology is the future of eBay. While more tech companies develop mobile gadgets, eBay has more time to research and develop its already successful mobile platform to meet the requirements of future mobile gadgets. The company's stellar performance paves the way for a stronger, better eBay that can increase its daily trading volume and share price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV