West Coast Bancorp Reports Net Income Of $5.7 Million For Fourth Quarter 2012 And $23.5 Million For Full Year 2012
- Net income for the fourth quarter 2012 was $5.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share and $6.5 million or $0.30 per diluted share excluding after-tax merger-related expenses*.
- Fourth quarter 2012 return on average assets was .93% or 1.05% excluding after-tax merger-related expenses*.
- Fourth quarter 2012 efficiency ratio, excluding merger-related expenses*, improved to 65.8% from 93.0% in the same quarter in 2011.
- Full year 2012 pretax income was $35.8 million or $37.5 million excluding merger-related expenses*, which represented an increase of $24.0 million from $13.6 million in 2011.
- On December 11, 2012, the Company declared a cash dividend of $.05 per common share, payable on January 31, 2013, to shareholders of record as of January 10, 2013, with Series B preferred shares participating on an as-converted basis.
- On September 26, 2012, the Company announced an Agreement and Plan of Merger with Columbia Banking System, Inc. ("Columbia'), headquartered in Tacoma, Washington, with assets of $4.9 billion at December 31, 2012. The merger, for which the consideration consists of a combination of cash and Columbia common stock, is subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of requisite shareholder and regulatory approvals.
LAKE OSWEGO, Ore., Jan. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- West Coast Bancorp (Nasdaq:WCBO) ("Bancorp" or "Company"), the parent company of West Coast Bank ("Bank") and West Coast Trust Company, Inc., today announced fourth quarter 2012 net income of $5.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to net income of $17.8 million or $0.83 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2011. Fourth quarter 2011 net income reflected the impact from a reversal of a deferred tax asset valuation allowance. Net income for the full year 2012 was $23.5 million or $1.08 per diluted share compared to net income of $33.8 million or $1.58 per diluted share for the full year 2011.
"I am very pleased with the operating performance of the Company in 2012, especially with the progress achieved in the areas of credit quality, expense management, and new loan originations," said Robert D. Sznewajs, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Over the past year our people have worked hard to attain this level of operating results which compares very favorably with our industry peers. The new organization after the merger with Columbia Bank will be well positioned to successfully compete in the Pacific Northwest for many years to come."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV