Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) today announced its fourth-quarter 2012 and fiscal year results, which included the following highlights and remarks from its president and CEO, T.J. Rodgers.
- Revenue and earnings exceeded the preliminary results issued on January 8
- Ramtron acquisition completed in the fourth quarter
- The divestiture of Cypress Envirosystems was completed
- 3.2 million shares repurchased in the fourth quarter; diluted share count at 7-year low
- Dividend yield was 4.2% with favorable tax treatment conditions
Our revenue and earnings for the quarter are given below and compared with those of the prior quarter and prior year:
|(In thousands, except per-share data)|
|Q4 2012||Q3 2012||Q4 2011||Q4 2012||Q3 2012||Q4 2011|
|Net income (loss)||$7,974||$32,322||$56,819||($24,205||)||$14,332||$31,661|
|Diluted EPS (loss per share)||$0.05||$0.20||$0.32||($0.17||)||$0.09||$0.18|
We did not perform well in 2012, including the fourth quarter. Yes, the economy is lackluster, but our performance was not good even in that environment. Our revenue was at the higher end of our preliminary financial announcement on January 8, 2013, but it decreased 11% sequentially—well below our expectations at the beginning of the fourth quarter. All divisions decreased sequentially and on a year-on-year basis. We are now cutting the company down structurally from four divisions to three to rapidly reduce our operating expenses. Our goal is to re-establish the drop-through earnings leverage that has characterized Cypress since the SunPower spinout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV