Europe business segment revenue increased 10% year-over-year to $10.7 million. In local currency terms, revenue for the fourth quarter increased 8% year-over-year. Operating income was $969,000, or 9% of revenue, down from an operating income of $1.7 million, or 17% of revenue in the prior-year period. The decrease in operating income was a result of increased expenses related to sales force expansion and subscriber marketing.
Travelzoo had a total unduplicated number of subscribers in North America and Europe of 22.5 million as of December 31, 2012, up 5% from December 31, 2011. In North America, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 16.1 million as of December 31, 2012, up 3% from December 31, 2011. In Europe, total unduplicated number of subscribers was 6.4 million as of December 31, 2012, up 10% from December 31, 2011.Income Taxes Income tax expense was $692,000, compared to $1.9 million in the prior-year period. The effective income tax rate was 16%, compared to 23% in the prior-year period. Asset Management During the fourth quarter 2012, Travelzoo generated $13.0 million of cash from operating activities. Accounts receivable increased by $286,000 over the prior-year period to $13.6 million. Accounts payable increased by $7.0 million over the prior-year period to $28.7 million. Capital expenditures were $698,000, up from $558,000 in the prior-year period. Travelzoo exited the fourth quarter with $61.2 million in cash and cash equivalents. Conference Call Travelzoo will host a conference call to discuss fourth quarter results at 11:00 a.m. ET today. Please visit http://www.travelzoo.com/earnings to
- download the management presentation (PDF format) to be discussed in the conference call;
- access the webcast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV