I prefer to buy "crashes" using options for risk mitigation, but afterhours, trading options are not available (why option exchanges leave that money on the table is beyond my understanding), so I bought small at an average cost of $460.96.
I know Apple can, in theory, keep falling, but I will sleep well knowing that if Cook continues to execute at the level he is now, Apple won't stay under $600, much less $500 for long.
Author does not hold a position in any stock mentioned other than long Apple.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV