Power-One Announces New Commercial And Utility Scale Products Receive Certification To UL 1741
- TRIO 20.0kW and 27.6kW commercial string inverters
- ULTRA 780kW, 1.17MW and 1.56MW central inverters
CAMARILLO, Calif., Jan. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Power-One, Inc. (Nasdaq:PWER), a leading provider of renewable energy and energy-efficient power conversion and power management solutions, today announced that its new ULTRA 780kW, 1.17MW and 1.56MW central inverters and TRIO 20.0kW and 27.6kW commercial string inverters have successfully received certification to UL 1741 and IEEE 1547 standards for use in the U.S. market. The ULTRA and TRIO products are shipping commercially in Europe and will begin shipping in the first quarter in the U.S.
"We are pleased that our liquid-cooled ULTRA series of central inverters and the new TRIO string inverters designed for the U.S. commercial market have received certification to UL 1741, as this validates their safe operation for commercial and utility scale PV installations," said Alex Levran, President, Renewable Energy Solutions Group, Power-One. "The ULTRA, with its game changing technology designed to drive down the levelized cost of energy, began shipping in the fourth quarter of 2012 and has commissioned sites in Italy, Germany, Greece and the U.K."
"Our TRIO product family of inverters for the commercial market has been a great success in Europe, shipping nearly 1.3 GW in 2012, its first full year in the market," continued Levran. "And, as the first 1000v string inverter in the U.S., it is set to redefine the commercial segment as we know it today."Power-One has focused on maximizing the return on investment for PV commercial and utility plant owners through maximizing energy harvesting, lowering the total plant investment and minimizing maintenance costs. The Power-One maximum power point tracking (MPPT) algorithm ensures that the Company's inverters operate at the absolute maximum power point of the array. The ULTRA and TRIO's wide input voltage range provides maximum energy harvesting over a wide range of module temperature and insolation levels. In addition, both inverters are the only products in their respective class that have NEMA 4x environmental ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV