During the fourth quarter, the company undertook a strategic review of operations and for 2013 intends to focus on expanding margins in O&O, the company’s largest business by revenue, and on growing the Network business, which is the company’s most profitable business. Due to the significant financial commitment required to successfully scale a direct sales model, the company intends to instead focus on channel sales development for its ‘Launch by Local’ SMB solution, which the company expects to provide annual cost savings of approximately $4.6 million, starting immediately.
“We had a strong first half 2012, but second half growth was below initial forecasts, due to unexpected revenue per click (RPC) declines from our main ad partner coupled with previously announced fourth quarter ad policy changes. Despite this, we expect to be back in growth mode with first quarter 2013 revenue projected to exceed fourth quarter 2012, and overall 2013 revenue projected at about 12% higher than our 2012 exit run rate,” said Heath Clarke, Local Corporation chairman and CEO. “We have taken decisive cost-cutting measures to return the company to cash flow positive, and expect steady revenue growth and margin improvement throughout 2013. While there are periodic challenges when working in a competitive, dynamic and high growth sector, these challenges often create new opportunities for future growth. We are confident that we are well positioned to capitalize on those opportunities with a powerful platform and an experienced team.”
“As a result of our focus on improving bottom-line results, we expect to swing to Adjusted Net Income in the first quarter of 2013 followed by a return to positive cash flow from operations in the second quarter, and steady cash flow growth through the remainder of the year. We expect at least $5 million in Adjusted Net Income for 2013,” added Ken Cragun, Local Corporation chief financial officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV