Homeward Bound: Toronto Homecoming Launches Fourth Annual Campaign To Bring Global Leaders Back To The City
TORONTO, Jan. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - Toronto Homecoming has launched its 2013 application campaign to encourage talented professional Canadians living abroad to return home and explore career opportunities through a three day conference, taking place from May 9 to May 11, 2013.
"Toronto Homecoming is an initiative to connect talented individuals thinking of returning to Toronto with companies that require their unique skills," said Andrew Graham, Co-Chair, Toronto Homecoming. "Our event is like speed dating between Canadians living abroad and companies looking for global talent. It is an exclusive opportunity for the business community to meet the future leaders of tomorrow, today."
Studies indicate that Toronto loses a significant number of young professionals every year to jobs in the United States and abroad. Many of these talented leaders contribute to the social and economic innovation of their adopted city, often never to return home. Many reports indicate that career opportunities are the number one factor that drives young professionals to leave Toronto and stay abroad.
"More and more we are seeing corporations looking for leaders that have a global mindset. Toronto is an international city and these talented professionals lead organizations and contribute to the social and economic fabric of their communities," added Eva Wong Scanlan, Co-Chair, Toronto Homecoming. "We're excited to host the fourth annual event to bring global leaders back to our city and drive growth and innovation. Over the past three years we have hosted participants from over 25 countries and almost half have returned to work in Toronto."The application deadline to be considered for acceptance to the conference is February 28, 2013. Applicants should be Canadian professionals in the early-to-mid stages of their careers who live abroad and want to return to the Toronto Region. (Partners of Canadians are also welcome to apply.) Participation in the conference is limited and applicants will be assessed on their professional and educational background. Events during the conference include:
- Opportunities including a reception gala to meet with companies looking to hire global talent
- Corporate roundtables and a networking job fair to connect with leading organizations
- Networking event with past participants who have made the move back to Toronto
- Seminars to inform participants about various aspects of the Toronto Region
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV