FOWLP & Embedded Die Packages
The most pragmatic approach to commercialize embedded die package technology will be to initially start with simple, low cost, low I/Os, small die analog & power IC applications (such as DC/DC converter modules, IPD networks, RFID, Power MOSFET, IGBT modules, auto-focus driver ICs, etc…)
Embedded die packaging is supported by a game changing, low cost, panel area, PCB based infrastructure that has the potential to create a new space, an alternative supply chain for today's well established package standards such as QFN/SOT/WLCSP/BGA platforms. Being intrinsically "3D" capable, the technology is well positioned to meet the future requirements of miniaturized, low cost 3D SiP module configurations.
Today, first generation's of FOWLP and embedded die package technologies are not really competing as they are driven by different players and will initially target very different application spaces. However, this situation is likely to change radically in the near future as "2nd generation" derivatives of both platforms appear on the market.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT• Analysis of both FOWLP and Embedded die package technologies
• Key market drivers, benefits and challenges application by application
• Technology roadmaps and manufacturing tool-box related to embedded wafer level packages
- Key equipment: for 200mm / 300mm / Panel manufacturing
- Specific material selection coming from both FE / BE / PCB / LCD areas
• Supply chain perspectives, key players and emerging infrastructure for Embedded WLP
- Analysis of the rationales behind the different possibilities of FOWLP and chip embedding implementations (chip first / chip last, single die / multi-die / SiP / PoP module, etc …)
• Package cost structure analysis based on real products available on the market COMPANIES CITED IN THIS REPORT 3D-Plus, ADL Engineering, ADTEC Engineering, Amkor, ams, Analog Devices, AT&S, Aptos, Asahi Glass, ASE, ASM, Atotech, Broadcom, Bosch, Camtek, Casio Micronics, CIRETEC, CMK, Compass Technology, CSR, Datacon, Daeduck, Denso, Dialog Semiconductor, Dow Corning, DuPont Electronics, Dyconex, Epic, Epcos TDK, EVGroup, Fico Molding, Flip-chip International, Fraunhofer-IZM, Freescale, Fujitsu, HD Microsystems, HEICO, SK Hynix, Ibiden, Imbera, IME, IMEC, Infineon, Invensas, IPDiA, ITRI, King Dragon International, KYEC, Leti, Lintec, LG Electronic, Micron, MicroChem, Mitsui, Murata, Nagase ChemteX, NANIUM, NEC Electronics, Nitto Denko, Nokia, NSC, NXP, OptoPac Oki Electric, ORC, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Renesas, Rohm & Hass, Rudolph technologies, Samsung, SEMCO, Shinko Electric, SPIL, STATS ChipPAC, ST-Ericsson, STMicroelectronics, SPTS, SMIC, Shin-Etsu, SÜSS Microtec, Taiyo Yuden, TDK, Tessera, Texas Instruments, tok, Tong Hsing, Toray chemical, Toray Engineering, Toshiba, Towa, Triquint, UMTC, Unimicron, Unovis, UTAC, Vertical Circuits, Wolfson Microelectronics, Yamada and more…
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts