This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS - See his portfolio and get alerts BEFORE every trade. Learn more NOW!

Fortuna Silver Mines Signs Acquisition And Option Agreement For The Taviche Oeste Concessions Surrounding The San Jose Mine, Mexico

VANCOUVER, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI) (BVL: FVI) (Frankfurt: F4S.F) is pleased to announce that Compania Minera Cuzcatlan S.A. de C.V. (wholly owned subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.) and Plata Pan American S.A. de C.V. (wholly owned subsidiary of Pan American Silver Corp.) have entered into an acquisition and option agreement for the 6,254 hectare Taviche Oeste Concessions immediately surrounding the San Jose Mine in Oaxaca, Mexico.  Cuzcatlan will purchase a 55% undivided interest in the Taviche Oeste Concessions for a cash payment of US$4.0 million.  Once a production decision is made to develop ore from the Taviche Oeste Concessions, Cuzcatlan will purchase the remaining 45% undivided interest in the property for US$6.0 millionPlata Pan American will retain a 2.5% net smelter royalty on ore production from this property.  The transaction is expected to close January 30 th 2013.

"This is an important acquisition for our company, not only does this simplify the mineral tenure immediately surrounding our existing mine and infrastructure, but the acquisition strengthens our exploration portfolio along the trend of current production," Jorge A. Ganoza, President and CEO commented. "We will be planning an aggressive exploration program to immediately follow up on targets that we have developed."

Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.

Fortuna is a growth oriented, silver and base metal producer focused on mining opportunities in Latin America.  Our primary assets are the Caylloma silver mine in southern Peru and the San Jose silver-gold mine in Mexico.  The company is selectively pursuing additional acquisition opportunities.  For more information, please visit our website at www.fortunasilver.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Try it NOW
Only $9.95
Try it NOW
14-Days Free
Try it NOW

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 18,288.63 +155.93 0.86%
S&P 500 2,117.39 +12.89 0.61%
NASDAQ 5,008.0960 +44.5690 0.90%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs