WHITING, Ind., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Few things can detract from the fun of Super Bowl Sunday, but a new survey reveals that some big game party guests may find themselves uninvited next year. The survey, conducted by CouponCabin.com, reveals the worst Super Bowl party guests, with the "know-it-all" – the one who knows all there is to know about football, food and the commercials – topping the list. This survey was conducted online nationwide by Harris Interactive on behalf of CouponCabin.com January 14 th to 16 th, 2013, among 2,050 adults ages 18 and older.
While the know-it-all is the worst party guest for 52 percent of U.S. adults, a variety of other unwelcome Super Bowl shindig attendees made the list:
- The remote dominator – the one who won't stop controlling the volume, changing the settings and flipping channels – 41 percent
- The social butterfly – the one who doesn't watch the game and doesn't stop talking – 38 percent
- The super fan – the team's biggest fan who doesn't let you forget it by showing up decked out in his/her favorite team's gear and shoots off stats left and right – 21 percent
- The dieter – the one counting calories on one of the most celebrated days of junk food – 18 percent
- The commercial watcher – the one who only pays attention during the commercials – 13 percent
No matter who shows up at the door for Super Bowl parties this year, there's bound to be a lot of them. Sixty-one percent of U.S. adults said they plan to watch the Super Bowl this year, up from 56 percent last year. Men are significantly more likely to watch the Super Bowl at 70 percent, compared to 52 percent of women.