EQT Corporation (NYSE: EQT) today announced 2012 net income of $183.4 million, compared to $479.8 million last year. To accurately review and compare the year-over-year earnings results, certain items should be considered. Results for 2012 were negatively impacted by items totaling $62.2 million net. Results for 2011 were positively impacted by several items totaling $238.0 million including gains on the sale of the Big Sandy Pipeline and the Langley Natural Gas Processing Complex. Adjusted earnings per diluted share (EPS) was $1.49 in 2012, down from $2.19 in 2011. Operating cash flow was $832 million in 2012, vs. $887 million in 2011; and adjusted cash flow per share was $5.56 in 2012, compared to $5.92 last year. See the Non-GAAP Disclosures section of this press release for detailed adjustments related to net income, EPS, and cash flow per share.
Highlights for 2012 include:
- Record annual production sales volumes of 258.5 Bcfe, 33% higher than 2011
- Record Marcellus sales volumes of 150.6 Bcfe; 85% higher vs. 2011
- Record gathered volumes of 335.4 TBtu; 30% higher vs. 2011
- Year-end proved reserves increased by 12% to 6.0 Tcfe (separate press release issued today)
- Completed EQT Midstream Partners, LP initial public offering (IPO)
- Announced an agreement to sell EQT’s gas utility, Equitable Gas
In 2012, EQT’s operating income was $470.5 million, compared to $861.3 million in 2011, which included $202.9 million of pre-tax gains on the sale of Big Sandy and Langley. Operating revenues were $1.7 million higher in 2012; however the increase in production, gathering and transmission volumes was nearly offset by a 31% lower NYMEX price, as well as lower storage and marketing revenues. Total operating expenses increased $189.5 million to $1,171.1 million, as depreciation, depletion and amortization expense (DD&A); selling, general and administrative expense (SG&A); exploration expenses, and operation and maintenance (O&M) were all higher. These increases are consistent with the growth in produced volumes and midstream throughput.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts