ComSec LLC Appoints Keesling Director Of New Healthcare Cyber Defense Initiative
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Healthcare data breaches are rapidly outpacing those of the financial services industry
- Low cybersecurity preparedness in the Healthcare Industry creates challenges for Asymmetric warfare planning
- ComSec Healthcare Assurance Options provides a preemptive counterespionage compliance plan for C-suite execs
ComSec LLC's President, J.D. LeaSure announced the appointment of healthcare industry veteran Tom Keesling to lead their newly established Healthcare Cyber Defense initiatives from its world headquarters in Virginia Beach, today.
After years of experience and specialization in the global counterespionage industry, LeaSure was alarmed at the rapid growth of data breaches in the US healthcare industry. In fact, data breaches in the healthcare industry outpaced those experienced by the financial services industry by more than 300% in 2012. According to the US Department of Health and Human Service, 21.4 million individuals have been compromised by breaches reported to the Office of Civil Rights since 2009, and this number is growing rapidly.
Department of Defense Secretary Panetta warns Congress of a "Cyber Pearl Harbor"ComSec Healthcare was launched to provide customized cyber defense capabilities for the pharmaceutical, biotech, hospital, healthcare plan and medical device manufacturing industries. Like all businesses, healthcare depends on a safe, secure, and resilient global digital infrastructure and requires a preemptive plan to identify cyber and technical security weaknesses that make it vulnerable to a technical security penetration of a facility. But the cyber risks are not limited to business espionage and criminal threats. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has warned continuously since taking office of a "cyber Pearl Harbor" in testimony before Congress. IP Theft, Industrial Espionage and Extortion in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Markets Result in Substantial Financial Loss While difficult to get actual numbers from the US, UK information intelligence expert BAE Systems Detica, indicate that cybercrime is costing the UK economy as much as £27 billion annually.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV