Franklin Covey Co . (NYSE: FC) today announced Franklin Covey is hosting The Leader in Me Symposium Series in 15 cities across North America. The two-day educational leadership symposium series, that begins January 24, 2013 and continues through May 23, 2013, will attract educators, government and business leaders and community stakeholders who are looking to support schools in developing 21 st -century leaders. ( www.theleaderinme.org/events/symposiums )
Franklin Covey welcomes attendees who have a passion for leadership in education and its impact on communities. Participants in the past have included school administrators, school superintendents, principals, teachers and district-level teams, local businesses, chamber executives and other government and community leaders.
Attendees of Franklin Covey's The Leader in Me Symposium Series will participate in an inspiring experience of accelerated growth and development through world-class keynotes, student leader presentations, best-in-class breakout sessions, on-site school visits and relationship and networking opportunities.
Tuition for attendees is $275 and an additional $150 for the pre-conference, which includes a preview of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Signature Program. Registration is required and seating is limited. For more information, such as the full symposium series schedule, or to register to attend, visit www.theleaderinme.org/events/symposiums . The schedule for the symposium series follows:
|January 24, 2013||Norris Conference Center||San Antonio, TX|
|January 29, 2013||Arapahoe Community College||Littleton, CO|
|January 30, 2013||Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center||Punta Gorda, FL|
|February 7, 2013||Athens State University||Athens, AL|
|February 12, 2013||
Tulsa Tech - Broken Arrow Conference
|February 21, 2013||
Cajundome Convention Center
|February 27, 2013||
Suburban Collection Showplace
|February 28, 2013||
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Myrtle Beach, SC
|March 1, 2013||
New York Marriott at The Brooklyn Bridge
|March 5, 2013||Hyatt Regency Columbus||Columbus, OH|
|March 12, 2013||Panda Restaurant Group||Rosemead, CA|
|March 19, 2013||Knicely Conference Center||Bowling Green, KY|
March 20, 2013
|Noah’s||South Jordan, UT|
|April 30, 2013||University of Alberta Campus||Edmonton, AB, Canada|
|May 23, 2013||D’Youville College||Buffalo, NY|
- Ron Clark – “America's Educator,” New York Times bestselling author, The Essential 55, selling over one million copies in 25 different countries, named Disney's American Teacher of the Year, whose teaching experiences in New York City inspired the uplifting film, The Ron Clark Story, starring Matthew Perry
- Erin Gruwell – Educator, change agent, catalyst for education and social change, featured in the film Freedom Writers starring Oscar winner Hilary Swank as Gruwell, chronicled her extraordinary journey with 150 high school students who had been written off by the education system, and is the New York Times bestselling author of The Freedom Writers Diary
- Muriel Summers – Principal of A.B. Combs Elementary in Raleigh, North Carolina, original practitioner with the vision to create the leadership model now known as Franklin Covey’s The Leader in Me process where Summers, the teachers, staff and students at A.B. Combs Elementary first incorporated The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and other leadership skills into their core curriculum in unique and creative ways and experienced remarkable, sustainable results and inspired other schools and parents worldwide to adopt the same approach, being used by nearly 1,100 schools worldwide
- Salome Thomas-El – Nationally recognized educator, has transformed the attitudes and strategies of school staff, parents, and community to help troubled children graduate from high school and earn college degrees, is a teacher, principal and chess coach in the Philadelphia School District, whose students were eight-time national chess champions, is a regular contributor on “The Dr. Oz Show,” and author of the bestselling books The Immortality of Influence and I Choose to Stay
- Sean Covey – Author of the New York Times bestselling The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens , which has sold three million copies in 16 languages and The 7 Habits of Happy Kids , which has sold more than one million copies and is in 24 languages, authored The 6 Most Important Decisions You’ll Ever Make , and is Franklin Covey’s Executive Vice President of Global Solutions and Product Architect, as well as the Education Practice Leader at Franklin Covey Co.
- Targeted breakout sessions for schools that are part of The Leader in Me process and for those that are discovering the model
- Pre-conference sessions for participants to preview The 7 Habits and learn more about The Leader in Me process within a school
- The ability to connect with participants through social platforms before, during and after the symposium
- More opportunities to interact with student leaders
- Table topics to share specific information and to connect with education practitioners
- New thought leaders that will share inspiring stories and concepts during keynote sessions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV