As of December 31, 2012 and 2011, the Company’s e-commerce segment operated in 32 states in the United States and in three other foreign countries:
- in the United States at http://www.cashnetusa.com and http://www.netcredit.com,
- in the United Kingdom at http://www.quickquid.co.uk and http://www.poundstopocket.co.uk ,
- in Australia at http://www.dollarsdirect.com.au, and
- in Canada at http://www.dollarsdirect.ca .
CASH AMERICA INTERNATIONAL, INC. AND SUBSIDIARIES
ADJUSTED EARNINGS AND ADJUSTED EARNINGS PER SHARE
Adjusted Earnings and Adjusted Earnings Per Share
In addition to reporting financial results in accordance with GAAP, the Company has provided adjusted earnings and adjusted earnings per share, which are non-GAAP measures. Management believes that the presentation of these measures provides investors with greater transparency and facilitates comparison of operating results across a broad spectrum of companies with varying capital structures, compensation strategies, derivative instruments and amortization methods, which provides a more complete understanding of the Company’s financial performance, competitive position and prospects for the future. Management also believes that investors regularly rely on non-GAAP financial measures, such as adjusted earnings and adjusted earnings per share, to assess operating performance and that such measures may highlight trends in the Company’s business that may not otherwise be apparent when relying on financial measures calculated in accordance with GAAP. In addition, management believes that the adjustments shown below, especially the adjustments for events that occurred during the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, such as the reorganization of the Company's Mexico-based pawn operations (“Mexico Reorganization”), the withdrawal of the proposed initial public offering of the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Enova International, Inc. (“Proposed Enova IPO”), and the charges related to the Company's voluntary reimbursements to Ohio customers (“Ohio Reimbursements”) are useful to investors in order to allow them to compare the Company’s financial results for the current quarter with the previous periods shown.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV