This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
KYOTO, Japan, Jan. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (the "Company") today announced the status of the Company's share repurchases under its repurchase plan in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 459, Paragraph 1, Item 1 of the Companies Act of Japan.
The Company's share repurchase plan authorized by the Board of Directors on February 5, 2012, as modified by a resolution of the Board of Directors on June 9, 2012, has been terminated as of January 24, 2013.
Details of Share Repurchases
1. Period of share repurchases: From January 1, 2013 through January 24, 2013
2. Class of shares: Common stock
3. Number of shares repurchased: 0 shares
4. Total repurchase amount: 0 yen
A) Details of the share repurchase plan authorized by the Board of Directors on February 5, 2012, as modified by a resolution of the Board of Directors on June 9, 2012:
1. Class of shares: Common stock
2. Total number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 5,000,000 shares
(3.45% of total number of shares issued)
3. Total repurchase amount: Up to 40 billion yen
4. Period of repurchase: From February 7, 2012 through February 6, 2013
B) Total number of shares repurchased through January 24, 2013, pursuant to the authorization of the Board of Directors described above:
1. Total number of shares repurchased: 4,230,400 shares