No. 1 greenest car: Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Combined city/highway mileage: 112 mpge
Mitsubishi's i-MiEV is technically a 2012, but the automaker is carrying it into 2013 unchanged -- with the best fuel economy of any mass-produced car on the U.S. market and one of the lowest prices for an electric.
The small four-door hatchback starts at just $29,125, which is $10,000 or more below the price for all other mainstream electric cars except the recently discounted Nissan Leaf.Of course, the i-MiEV has a low price partly because the vehicle has a relatively small cabin, a 66-horsepower electric motor and just a 62-mile range between battery charges. The Mitsubishi also needs around seven hours to fully recharge at 240 volts -- about twice what it takes to juice up a Chevy Volt, Ford Focus BEV or the fastest-charging Nissan Leafs. Mitsubishi won't say whether it plans update the car later in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV