Second-greenest car: Ford Focus BEV
Combined city/highway mileage: 105 mpge
The 2013 Focus Battery Electric Vehicle is a new model that appears aimed directly at the popular Nissan Leaf.
After all, the Ford model offers 34 more horsepower, a 3-mile longer range and 6-mpge better fuel efficiency than the 2012 Leaf. (As previously noted, Nissan hasn't released full specs for the 2013 Leaf.)"The Focus BEV is a step forward from the Leaf," Reed says, although he adds that the Ford has a smaller cargo and a much higher price. The Focus BEV starts at $39,200 -- $10,400 more than the Leaf.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV