Linktone (LTON) provides entertainment-oriented telecom value-added services to mobile phone users over the 2G and 2.5G mobile telecommunications networks in China. This stock closed up 5.8% to $2.54 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Range: $2.48-$2.5852-Week Range: $1.03-$3.18 Volume: 54,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 38,267 From a technical perspective, LTON spiked higher Wednesday right into its 50-day moving average of $2.54 with above-average volume. This stock has been trending sideways for the last five months, with shares moving between $2.09 on the downside and $2.81 on the upside. Shares of LTON are now quickly moving within range of triggering a breakout trade above the upper-end of its recent range bound trading pattern. That trade will hit if LTON manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.68 to $2.78 and then once it takes out more overhead resistance at $2.81 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LTON as long as it's trending above some key near-term support at $2.40 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 38,267 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then LTON will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $3.18. Any move above $3.18 will then push shares of LTON into new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets above $3.18 are $3.50 to $4. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV