Groupon (GRPN) provides a local e-commerce marketplace that connects merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. The company features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat and buy. This stock closed up 5.2% to $5.09 on Wednesday.
Wednesday's Range: $4.81-$5.1052-Week Range: $2.60-$25.84 Volume: 12.13 million Three-Month Average Volume: 19.24 million From a technical perspective, GRPN bounced higher right above some near-term support at $4.79 with lighter-than-average volume. This stock has been trending sideways for the last month and change, with shares moving between $4.43 on the downside and $5.59 on the upside. A high-volume move above the upper-end of its recent range will trigger a near-term breakout trade for shares of GRPN. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GRPN as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $4.40, and then once it sustains a move or close above some key breakout levels at $5.25 to $5.59 with volume that hits near or above 19.24 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then GRPN will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $6. Any move above $6 will then give shares of GRPN a chance to re-fill its previous gap down zone from last August that started at $8.05.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV