New England Journal Of Medicine Studies Find Huge Health Benefits To Quitting Smoking
These findings are an important reminder that tobacco companies have a long history of manipulating their products in ways that make them more appealing, more addictive or more harmful. They also underscore why the Food and Drug Administration must aggressively exercise its new authority over tobacco products, including the authority to stop such tobacco industry manipulation that harms public health.
Tobacco use kills more than 400,000 Americans and costs the nation $96 billion in health care bills each year. While the U.S. has made significant progress in reducing smoking, these studies remind us that there is still much work to do to win the fight against the nation's number one cause of preventable death.
SOURCE Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV