Research From New Business Agency Incite Shows Content Marketing Influences 28% Of Agency Selection
incite polled 4500 marketers, with 333 responses received. The marketers polled came from across the UK, ranging from global advertisers to mid-sized spenders from both b2b and b2c sectors.
The aim of the research was to uncover information about the process client side marketers go through researching which agencies to select for first round talks or submission of proposal or requests for further information.
It is rare for any new business agencies to conduct this kind of in-depth direct research into the behavior of client side marketers to inform their tactical mix.This research found that 28% of marketing decision makers researched agency skills and competences online, starting their journey with a search. This underlines the importance of optimization, thought leadership and clear differentiation. Managing partner and founder of incite Kristian Gough says of the findings "We believe this presents a huge commercial argument to agencies marketing themselves using content marketing techniques utilized so effectively by the marketing technology sector. Content marketing has long been dabbled in by agencies but rarely are indicatives focused or joined up". Gough believes the main reason for this this becoming a reality for most agencies is resource. "The best people to write content are tied up with big pitches and big clients," Gough said. For agencies it will require investment in people, technology and process to truly take advantage of this opportunity or appointment of external specialists to achieve this. But the rewards are now greater than ever and only likely to increase. SOURCE incite
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV