WELLESLEY, Mass., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The first offering of Babson College's new open enrollment program, The Entrepreneur's Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures, is taking place this week ( January 21 - 25, 2013) on campus at the Babson Executive Conference Center. This program is designed to be a transformational development experience--one that prepares high-potential entrepreneurs to grow and accelerate their new ventures. 43 entrepreneurs from 10 countries are taking 'Deep Dive' to advance their ventures.
The Entrepreneur's Boot Camp covers all aspects of entrepreneurship from assessment to feasibility and execution. Program curriculum includes a blend of simulations, hands-on workshops, lectures, and case studies. Participants have the opportunity to deliver rocket pitches both before and at the conclusion of the program with feedback from program faculty. The week also features panels of investors and entrepreneurs, as well as a keynote address from Babson's President Len Schlesinger.
The program is taught by a group of top Babson entrepreneurship faculty, who are distinguished academics and experienced entrepreneurs with startup and venture capital experience. Faculty members, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists collaborated to design a boot camp that would be a life-altering experience, and one that would inspire entrepreneurs to build ventures that bring both economic and social value to the world.
"The Entrepreneur's Boot Camp has been carefully designed to provide a significant and lasting impact for entrepreneurs and their ventures," said Angelo J. Santinelli, faculty director of the program. "Through Babson's unique method of Entrepreneurial Thought and Action(r), we are delivering a developmental experience that prepares participants to take action during the program and then to immediately apply the learning upon completion of the experience." See Professor Santinelli's video about the Boot Camp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FfD7JhduA6oParticipants of the program:
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles, and key responsibilities.
- Explore the notion of building a winning team and other common challenges facing founders and CEOs.
- Learn key assessment and feasibility techniques including ideation, product definition, rapid iteration testing, and designing the minimum viable product.
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analyses.
- Develop an understanding of how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand building, cash flow management and resource allocation, and embracing change and uncertainty for competitive advantage.