Rep. “Doc” Anderson (R-Waco) and Sen. Leticia Van de Putte (D-San Antonio) today recognized Stewart Title Company as a Texas Treasure on the House/Senate floor at the State Capitol in Austin.
The distinction from the Texas Historical Commission (THC) honors Texas-based businesses that have been in existence for more than 50 years, and have remained in good standing. Stewart Title Company initially received the Texas Treasure honor in 2007, joining 35 other businesses from around the state who share this recognition. Six additional businesses were added to the list on Jan. 23 at the Capitol, the same day past recipient, Stewart Title was recognized on the House/Senate floor.
“Stewart is proud to stand among these exceptional companies as a Texas Treasure, and I thank the Texas Historical Commission for this recognition,” said Matt Morris, CEO of Stewart Information Services Corporation. “We’ve thrived here since our beginnings in Galveston in 1893, and are now providing real estate services around the world. For a company to survive for well over a century is unusual, to say the least, but we’re looking forward to continued success and economic productivity in Texas and around the world for many years to come.”
Created in 2005 through legislation authored by Sen. Leticia Van de Putte and sponsored by Rep. Charles “Doc” Anderson, the program recognizes well-established Texas companies and their exceptional historical contributions to the state’s economic growth and prosperity.“The businesses recognized here today exemplify the reason a company remains successful year after year,” said Sen. Van de Putte. “Hard work, quality service, and resourcefulness go a long way in the Lone Star State and we’re pleased to recognize those traits.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV