CAW To Continue Fighting Against The Greyhound Cuts To Routes In B.C.
VANCOUVER, Jan. 23, 2013 /CNW/ - CAW Local 114 is continuing their efforts to convince the Minister of Transportation Mary Polak to reverse the decision by the Passenger Transportation Board allowing a reduction of nearly 2.2 million miles (3.54 million kilometres) of service to B.C.
"Despite an online campaign which gathered nearly 800 signatures many of whom left poignant messages as to why service should remain the same or improve, the Passenger Transportation Board saw fit to grant the cuts to service," said CAW 114 President Gord McGrath.
"Minister Polak has already stated she will not reverse this decision, despite having the authority to do so. This is a slap in the face to thousands of customers and hundreds of communities who rely on Greyhound for service and the workers who provide this service. We pray that The Highway of Tears does not become forgotten. The callousness and lack of consultation with First Nations communities, cities and towns appears to show that this government only listens to big business bosses and not the people of this province.
McGrath said that he encourages those concerned to voice their opinion to Minister Polak and their MLAs either through the CAW Local 114 website or by fax, phone or email."During the provincial election in May, I hope candidates are questioned on their position on this issue. It is not too late to make a difference," added McGrath. CAW Local 114 currently represents over 4,000 members across B.C. and Alberta. The CAW's petition to have Greyhound's application approval reversed, can be viewed at ( www.cawlocal114.com) SOURCE Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV