Soybean Prices Fall On Rain Forecasts
By The Associated Press
Prices for soybeans and other key crops are falling as analysts expect more rain for soybean-producing countries in South America.
Soybean prices fell 1 percent as traders anticipated that Brazil and Argentina would get more rain after a hot, dry start to the year. Corn prices also fell about 1 percent. Wheat fell, but not as much.
Energy prices were mixed. Benchmark crude oil fell in New York. Brent crude rose in London.In metals, gold, copper, palladium and platinum all shed value. Silver was the exception, gaining 26.2 cents to $32.439 per ounce.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV