The bulk of proved reserves added through acquisition were vertical Wolfberry in the Midland Basin. Of reserves that moved from unproved to proved, approximately 50 percent were 3 rd Bone Spring sands in the Delaware Basin, approximately 45 percent were vertical Wolfberry in the Midland Basin, and approximately 5 percent were waterfloods in the Central Basin Platform. Twenty-five percent of Energen’s proved reserves are undeveloped.
Proved Reserves by Basin (MMBOE)
|San Juan Basin||129.6||(9.9||)||0.0||0.9||(19.7||)||100.9|
Proved Reserves by Commodity (MMBOE)
|Natural gas liquids||56.2||54.0||4.1|
100 Net Upper Wolfcamp Locations Added to Midland Basin Unproved Reserves
Probable and possible reserves at year-end 2012 declined to 407 MMBOE. Substantially lower gas and NGL prices resulted in the loss of approximately 137 MMBOE of unproved San Juan reserves at the end of the 2012. In the Delaware Basin, 3 rd Bone Spring reserves west side of the Pecos River were revised down by some 64 MMBOE. Approximately 54 MMBOE of prior-year unproved reserves – primarily in the Delaware and Midland basins – were proved up.
The company added net reserves of approximately 36 MMBOE for 100 net Upper Wolfcamp locations in Glasscock County; this represents gross EURs of 460 MBOE per well assuming 160-acre spacing and 4,400’ horizontal lengths. Energen also gained 18 MMBOE of unproved Wolfberry reserves through acquisition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV