Non-cash items in 2012 were mark-to-market revenue gains on certain financial commodity contracts of $58.8 million ($37.2 million after tax, or 52 cents per diluted share) and a commodity price-related write-down of natural gas properties in East Texas of $21.5 million ($13.4 million after tax, or 19 cents per diluted share). Mark-to-market revenue losses in 2011 totaled $37.6 million ($23.4 million after tax, or 32 cents per diluted share). [ See “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” for explanation and reconciliation.]
Excluding non-cash items, Energen Resources’ adjusted 2012 net income totaled $180.3 million as compared with $236.4 million in 2011.
Consolidated adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure) in 2012 totaled $845.3 million and increased 10 percent from 2011 adjusted EBITDA of $771.7 million. Energen Resources’ adjusted 2012 EBITDA totaled $708.6 million and compared with 2011 adjusted EBITDA of $645.7 million. [ See “Non-GAAP Financial Measures” for more information and reconciliation.].
Production in 2012 increased 18 percent year-over-year, including a 40 percent increase in oil production; and the average realized sales price of oil increased 5 percent. The company’s decreased net income relative to 2011 was driven largely by substantially lower natural gas and NGL prices, increased DD&A expense, and higher LOE.
Production by Area (MMBOE)
|San Juan Basin||9.9||9.6||3||%|
Average Realized Sales Prices
|Oil (per barrel)||$||83.45||$||79.72||5||%|
|NGL (per gallon)||$||0.79||$||0.96||(18||
|Natural Gas (per Mcf)||$||3.79||$||5.39||(30||
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV