OPKO Health, Inc. (NYSE:OPK) announced today that it plans to sell approximately $150 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2033 (the "Notes") in a private offering. The Notes will be OPKO's senior unsecured obligations and will rank equally with all of OPKO's other existing and future senior unsecured debt. The interest rate, conversion rate and other terms of the Notes will be determined at the time of pricing of the offering. The planned offering of Notes is subject to market conditions and other factors and no assurance can be given that the offering will be completed.
OPKO intends to use the net proceeds from this offering for general corporate purposes, including research and development expenses, acceleration of clinical trials, acquisitions of new technologies or businesses and other business opportunities.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the
solicitation of an offer to buy any securities and shall not constitute
an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer,
solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The Notes and the shares of OPKO
common stock issuable upon conversion of the Notes will not be
registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities
Act"), or the securities laws of any other jurisdiction, and may not be
offered or sold in the United States absent registration under the
Securities Act or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV