As previously announced, fourth quarter 2012 total U.S. CUBICIN® (daptomycin for injection) net product revenues were $216.0 million, up 14% over fourth quarter 2011, and full year U.S. CUBICIN net product revenues were $809.2 million, up 16% over 2011. Cubist’s share of full year 2012 international CUBICIN revenues was $50.5 million, which represents a 38% increase over $36.7 million in 2011. Service revenues for our co-promote of DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) for the fourth quarter were $3.7 million and were $23.2 million for the full year of 2012, a 246% increase over full year 2011. ENTEREG® (alvimopan), acquired through our acquisition of Adolor Corporation in December 2011, net product revenues were $10.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $40.2 million for the full year, a 21% pro forma increase over the full year of 2011.
As of December 31, 2012, Cubist had $979.4 million in cash, cash equivalents and investments. The total number of Cubist’s common shares outstanding as of December 31, 2012, was 64,713,695.
Pipeline Update and Milestones
Cubist enters 2013 with a robust pipeline. Product candidate status and upcoming milestones include:Ceftolozane/tazobactam – a potential first-line therapy being studied for the treatment of certain serious Gram-negative bacterial infections, including those caused by multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Top-line data for ceftolozane/tazobactam Phase 3 trials in complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI) and complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) are expected in the second half of 2013. This timing reflects a reduction of patient enrollment requirements based on Cubist’s recent consultation with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Cubist anticipates filing a New Drug Application (NDA) for ceftolozane/tazobactam in cUTI and cIAI within approximately six months of announcing top-line results from the Phase 3 trials.
- In December, the FDA granted ceftolozane/tazobactam a Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) designation, qualifying it for priority review and fast-track status at the FDA. If ultimately approved by the FDA, ceftolozane/tazobactam would also receive a five-year extension of Hatch-Waxman exclusivity.
- Cubist expects to initiate the Phase 3 program in ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (VABP) for ceftolozane/tazobactam around mid-year 2013.
- In December, the FDA granted surotomycin a QIDP designation, qualifying it for priority review and fast-track status at the FDA. If ultimately approved by the FDA, surotomycin would also receive a five-year extension of Hatch-Waxman exclusivity.
- In July, Cubist enrolled its first patient in its Phase 3 trials designed to evaluate the difference in clinical response rates at the end-of-therapy in patients treated with surotomycin versus oral vancomycin, as well as the safety of surotomycin in subjects with CDAD.
- Cubist is targeting filing an NDA for surotomycin in 2015.
- In October, Cubist initiated a Phase 3 long-term safety trial of bevenopran.
- Cubist plans to commence three Phase 3 efficacy trials in the first half of 2013.
- Phase 1 clinical trials for CB-625, discovered in a collaboration between Cubist and Hydra Biosciences, are on-going.
- Announced that Thomas J. DesRosier will join Cubist as Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary; Robert J. Perez was promoted to President and Chief Operating Officer (COO); Thomas Rollins was appointed Senior Vice President of Program and Portfolio Management; Michael Tomsicek was promoted to Senior Vice President and Deputy Chief Financial Officer; and Patrick Vink was appointed Senior Vice President and General Manager of International Business;
- Announced the appointment of Alison Lawton and Jane E. Henney, M.D. to the Board of Directors;
- Announced Cubist’s five-year goals – the Building Blocks of Growth – for top- and bottom-line growth, future pipeline developments, and cultural goals that will position Cubist to deliver long-term, sustainable growth;
- Celebrated Cubist Pharmaceuticals’ 20 th anniversary; and
- Opened a 104,000 square-foot expansion to Cubist’s research and development facility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV