Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. The Company will host a conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss the results and other business updates (details below).
Financial highlights for the fourth quarter of 2012 (unaudited):
- Total net revenues grew 16% to $245.9 million compared to $212.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- GAAP operating income was $45.3 million, up from $43.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP adjusted operating income was $54.2 million compared to $70.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) was $0.51 compared to $0.11 in the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP diluted EPS was $0.48 compared to $0.60 in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- In-process research and development impairment charge of $38.7 million and contingent consideration income of $36.0 million were recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012 due to our decision to delay development of bevenopran (CB-5945) in Europe based on our current assessment of the European commercial opportunity and regulatory environment.
Financial highlights for the full year of 2012 (unaudited):
- Total net revenues grew 23% to $926.4 million compared to $754.0 million in 2011.
- GAAP operating income was $237.1 million, up 79% from $132.5 million in 2011. Non-GAAP adjusted operating income increased 12% to $274.5 million from $244.5 million in 2011.
- GAAP diluted EPS increased 304% to $2.10 compared to $0.52 in 2011. Non-GAAP diluted EPS was $2.65, an increase of 8% over $2.46 in 2011.
“We continued our strong momentum in the fourth quarter of 2012, capping a significant year of growth for Cubist,” said Michael Bonney, Chief Executive Officer. “With 2012 total revenues of more than $926 million, we grew our top-line by 23%, driven largely by the continued strong performance of the U.S. and international CUBICIN business, as well as a 21% increase in ENTEREG sales. And with three exciting Phase 3 product candidates in our pipeline, including our potential blockbuster antibiotic candidate for the treatment of certain Gram negative infections, ceftolozane/tazobactam (CXA-201), we believe we are well-positioned to extend our leadership in the hospital and acute care environment for many years to come.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV