SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, announced today results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 30, 2012. Total fourth quarter revenue of $1.54 billion decreased 2% on a year-over-year basis and increased 21% on a sequential basis. Total revenue for fiscal 2012 of $5.05 billion decreased 11% from $5.66 billion in fiscal 2011.
On a GAAP (1) basis, fourth quarter net income was $214 million, or $0.87 per diluted share, compared to net income of $281 million, or $1.14 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 and $77 million, or $0.31 per diluted share, in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Net income for fiscal 2012 was $417 million, or $1.70 per diluted share compared to $987 million, or $4.04 per diluted share in fiscal 2011.
On a non-GAAP (2) basis, fourth quarter net income was $257 million, or $1.05 per diluted share, compared to net income of $317 million, or $1.29 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 and net income of $118 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Net income for fiscal 2012 was $582 million, or $2.38 per diluted share compared to $1.14 billion, or $4.65 per diluted share in fiscal 2011. For reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP results, see accompanying financial tables and footnotes.
“SanDisk ended 2012 with strong momentum in our SSD business, which contributed 10% of our Q4 revenue. We are now supplying client SSDs to ten leading PC OEMs and our enterprise SSDs are qualified at a fourth storage OEM,” said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and chief executive officer of SanDisk. “We drove solid sequential growth in our embedded mobile products and continued to execute well in our retail business. We believe that our broadening customer engagements and expanding product portfolio position us well for strong profitability in 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV