PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:JIVE) today announced research results on the impact of Jive's social platform in the enterprise by a top three global business consultancy*. According to the data, companies using Jive reported a 15 percent increase in worker productivity and a 4 percent increase in topline revenue.
For an infographic to accompany this release, copy and paste the following link into a Web browser: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16822 Productivity increases that led to topline revenue growth were directly attributable to the ability for people in organizations to reduce time looking for information within in the company by 34 percent, reduce meetings by 16 percent and reduce email load by 21 percent.
Validating this research, last year McKinsey & Co. issued the most comprehensive report on social business and the social economy previously available. The report found that the average knowledge worker wastes 28 hours per week collaborating, searching for information and using e-mail, a technology invented 40 years ago. They estimate social technology can provide a 20-25 percent improvement in productivity, in effect, giving workers a full additional workday of value per week — which adds up to between $900 billion and $1.3 trillion annual value."The hype of social for business is dead. 2013 is the year that the social in the workforce goes mainstream because it has consistently shown it delivers real business value to people and companies," said Tony Zingale, president and CEO of Jive. "I welcome this new era in which social business is recognized for what it contributes to organizations – allowing employees to leave old, dusty business processes behind to focus on getting real work done that delivers quantifiable results."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV